I am Laura Birdsong, a/k/a Laura Bernstein, an artist, singer/songwriter, photographer, gardener, and tree hugging dirt worshiper. As a lover of nature and animals, I adopted my last name from the joy I experience waking up to the cacophony of wild birds outside my window.
I studied Painting/Fine Arts at American University in Washington, D.C. and earned a Bachelors of Fine Arts. I continued my art education pursuing non-degree graduate work at Massachusetts College of Art in Boston, MA; The Art Students League in New York, NY; and the School of Visual Arts in New York, NY. I currently attend the Warwick Drawing Group in Sugar Loaf, NY; and am a member of the Highland Lakes Artists Group.
I have shown work at:
- The American University, Washington, DC
- The Art Students League, New York, NY
- The School of Visual Arts, New York, NY
- Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ
- The Seligmann Center for the Arts, Sugar Loaf, NY
- Milkweed Gallery, Sugar Loaf, NY
- The Sussex County Arts and Heritage Council, Newton, NJ
- The Highland Lakes Professional Artists Exhibit, Highland Lakes, NJ
I currently work in my home studio in Highland Lakes, where I am inspired by nature every day.
As a singer/songwriter, I produced my own CD of original music entitled Crazy Wisdom. I play occasionally in the Northern New Jersey area. You may follow my music page at Laura Birdsong Music.
My photography can be seen on Facebook and Instagram.
I would love to make a memory for you in oil paint. Please contact me with your ideas.